Injury Attorney in Oakland, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Oakland, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a serious injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Oakland, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Oakland, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our legal services in Oakland, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, acquire evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Oakland, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Oakland, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless cases for victims in the Oakland, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Oakland, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Oakland, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Oakland, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Oakland, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Oakland, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Oakland, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Oakland, MO Today
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Oakland, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Oakland, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.