Injury Attorney in Oakville, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Oakville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Oakville, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you love in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss further down this page. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Oakville, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Oakville, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably calculate the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Oakville, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Oakville, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Oakville, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Oakville, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Oakville, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Oakville, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Oakville, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Oakville, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Oakville, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Oakville, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Oakville, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Oakville, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.