Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's O'Fallon, IL injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, IL Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote O'Fallon, IL injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your O'Fallon, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in O'Fallon, IL
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the O'Fallon, IL area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in O'Fallon, IL are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, IL
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced O'Fallon, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Case in O'Fallon, IL?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your O'Fallon, IL injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your O'Fallon, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, IL Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in O'Fallon, IL and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in O'Fallon, IL at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.