Injury Attorney in Owensville, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Owensville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Owensville, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Owensville, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Owensville, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, gather all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Owensville, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Owensville, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Owensville, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Owensville, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Owensville, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Owensville, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Owensville, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your Owensville, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you need to be compensated for that. Your Owensville, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Owensville, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Owensville, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Owensville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.