Injury Attorney in Pevely, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Pevely, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a severe injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Pevely, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Pevely, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Pevely, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Accurately calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Pevely, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Pevely, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Pevely, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Pevely, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Pevely, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced Pevely, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Pevely, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the abilities of your Pevely, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Pevely, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Pevely, MO Now
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Pevely, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Pevely, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.