Injury Attorney in Quincy, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Quincy, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Quincy, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Quincy, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Quincy, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Quincy, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Quincy, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Quincy, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Quincy, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Quincy, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Quincy, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Quincy, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Quincy, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Quincy, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Quincy, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Quincy, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Quincy, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.