Injury Attorney in Republic, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Republic, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Republic, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact our today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Republic, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Republic, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Precisely calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Republic, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Republic, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Republic, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Republic, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Republic, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled cases like yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Republic, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Republic, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Republic, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Republic, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Republic, MO Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Republic, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Republic, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.