Injury Attorney in Rock Hill, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Rock Hill, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Rock Hill, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Rock Hill, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Rock Hill, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably determine how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Rock Hill, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Rock Hill, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Rock Hill, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Rock Hill, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Rock Hill, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Rock Hill, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Rock Hill, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Rock Hill, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Rock Hill, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Rock Hill, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Rock Hill, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Rock Hill, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.