Injury Attorney in Sappington, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Sappington, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a serious injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Sappington, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Sappington, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Sappington, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, acquire evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Sappington, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Sappington, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Sappington, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Sappington, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Sappington, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Sappington, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your final compensation). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Sappington, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Sappington, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you need to be compensated for that. Your Sappington, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Sappington, MO Now
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Sappington, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Sappington, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.