Injury Attorney in Sedalia, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Sedalia, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a serious injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Sedalia, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Sedalia, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Sedalia, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Sedalia, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Sedalia, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Sedalia, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Sedalia, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Sedalia, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Sedalia, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Sedalia, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Sedalia, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Sedalia, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Sedalia, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Sedalia, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Sedalia, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.