Injury Attorney in St. Louis County, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in St. Louis County, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's St. Louis County, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in St. Louis County, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in St. Louis County, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Louis County, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in St. Louis County, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the St. Louis County, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in St. Louis County, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in St. Louis County, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced St. Louis County, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can I Recover For an Injury Claim in St. Louis County, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your St. Louis County, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your St. Louis County, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in St. Louis County, MO Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in St. Louis County, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in St. Louis County, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.