Injury Attorney in St. Louis, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in St. Louis, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's St. Louis, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in St. Louis, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on healing. As part of our legal services in St. Louis, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Accurately calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Louis, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in St. Louis, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the St. Louis, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in St. Louis, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in St. Louis, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced St. Louis, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in St. Louis, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your St. Louis, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your St. Louis, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in St. Louis, MO Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in St. Louis, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in St. Louis, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.