Injury Attorney in St. Peters, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in St. Peters, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's St. Peters, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss in this article. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
What Can an Injury Attorney in St. Peters, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote St. Peters, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely calculate how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Peters, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in St. Peters, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless cases for victims in the St. Peters, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in St. Peters, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We're here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in St. Peters, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled St. Peters, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Case in St. Peters, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your St. Peters, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your St. Peters, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in St. Peters, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in St. Peters, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in St. Peters, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.