Injury Attorney in St. Robert, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in St. Robert, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's St. Robert, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in St. Robert, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote St. Robert, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Accurately determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Robert, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in St. Robert, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the St. Robert, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in St. Robert, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in St. Robert, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced St. Robert, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Case in St. Robert, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your St. Robert, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your St. Robert, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in St. Robert, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in St. Robert, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in St. Robert, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.