Injury Attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Ste Genevieve, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our now for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Ste Genevieve, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely determine how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Ste Genevieve, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Ste Genevieve, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Ste Genevieve, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Ste Genevieve, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Ste Genevieve, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in Ste Genevieve, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Ste Genevieve, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Ste Genevieve, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Ste Genevieve, MO Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Ste Genevieve, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.