Injury Attorney in Town and Country, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Town and Country, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Town and Country, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss further down this page. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Town and Country, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Town and Country, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely determine how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Town and Country, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Town and Country, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Town and Country, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Town and Country, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Town and Country, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Town and Country, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Is Available For an Injury Claim in Town and Country, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Town and Country, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Town and Country, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Town and Country, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Town and Country, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Town and Country, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.