Injury Attorney in Troy, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Troy, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Troy, IL injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Troy, IL Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Troy, IL, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Troy, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Troy, IL
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Troy, IL area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Troy, IL will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Troy, IL
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced Troy, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Troy, IL?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Troy, IL injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Troy, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Troy, IL Today
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Troy, IL and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Troy, IL as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.