Injury Attorney in Troy, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Troy, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a severe injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Troy, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss in this article. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Troy, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Troy, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely calculate the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Troy, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Troy, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Troy, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Troy, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Troy, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Troy, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Troy, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Troy, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Troy, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Troy, MO Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Troy, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Troy, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.