Injury Attorney in Valley Park, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Valley Park, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Valley Park, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you love in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Valley Park, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Valley Park, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Valley Park, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Valley Park, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Valley Park, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Valley Park, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Valley Park, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Valley Park, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Is Available For an Injury Case in Valley Park, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Valley Park, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you need to be compensated for that. Your Valley Park, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Valley Park, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Valley Park, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Valley Park, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.