Injury Attorney in Versailles, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Versailles, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a serious injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Versailles, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Versailles, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Versailles, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Accurately calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Versailles, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Versailles, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Versailles, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Versailles, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Versailles, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Versailles, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Can I Recover For an Injury Claim in Versailles, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Versailles, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Versailles, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Versailles, MO Now
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Versailles, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Versailles, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.