Injury Attorney in Wardsville, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Wardsville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Wardsville, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss in this article. Contact our today for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Wardsville, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Wardsville, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Wardsville, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Wardsville, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Wardsville, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Wardsville, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Wardsville, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Wardsville, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Wardsville, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your Wardsville, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Wardsville, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Wardsville, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Wardsville, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Wardsville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.