Injury Attorney in Washington, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Washington, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a severe injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Washington, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Washington, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Washington, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably determine how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Washington, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Washington, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Washington, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Washington, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Washington, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled cases like yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Washington, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Washington, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Washington, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Washington, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Washington, MO Now
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Washington, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Washington, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.