Injury Attorney in Webster Groves, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Webster Groves, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Webster Groves, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Webster Groves, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Webster Groves, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely calculate the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Webster Groves, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Webster Groves, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Webster Groves, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Webster Groves, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Webster Groves, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Webster Groves, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Is Available For an Injury Claim in Webster Groves, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Webster Groves, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Webster Groves, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Webster Groves, MO Now
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Webster Groves, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Webster Groves, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.