Injury Attorney in Weldon Spring, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Weldon Spring, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Weldon Spring, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Weldon Spring, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Weldon Spring, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably calculate how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Weldon Spring, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Weldon Spring, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Weldon Spring, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Weldon Spring, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Weldon Spring, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Weldon Spring, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Claim in Weldon Spring, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Weldon Spring, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Weldon Spring, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Weldon Spring, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Weldon Spring, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.