Injury Attorney in Wellsville, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Wellsville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Wellsville, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Wellsville, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Wellsville, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, acquire all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Wellsville, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Wellsville, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Wellsville, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Wellsville, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Wellsville, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Wellsville, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For an Injury Claim in Wellsville, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Wellsville, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Wellsville, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Wellsville, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Wellsville, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Wellsville, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.