Injury Attorney in Wentzville, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Wentzville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Wentzville, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Wentzville, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Wentzville, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Wentzville, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Wentzville, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Wentzville, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Wentzville, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We're here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Wentzville, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Wentzville, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Wentzville, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Wentzville, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Wentzville, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Wentzville, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Wentzville, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Wentzville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.