Injury Attorney in Wildwood, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Wildwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Wildwood, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Wildwood, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Wildwood, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Precisely calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Wildwood, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Wildwood, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Wildwood, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Wildwood, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Wildwood, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Wildwood, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your final compensation). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in Wildwood, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Wildwood, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Wildwood, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Wildwood, MO Now
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Wildwood, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Wildwood, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.