Injury Attorney in Winfield, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Winfield, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Winfield, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Winfield, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Winfield, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, acquire all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Winfield, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Winfield, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Winfield, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Winfield, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Winfield, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Winfield, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Is Available For a Personal Injury Claim in Winfield, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Winfield, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Winfield, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Winfield, MO Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Winfield, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Winfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.