Injury Attorney in Wright City, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Wright City, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Wright City, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss later on. Contact our today for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Wright City, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Wright City, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Wright City, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Wright City, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Wright City, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Wright City, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Wright City, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Wright City, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Wright City, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Wright City, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Wright City, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Wright City, MO Today
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Wright City, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Wright City, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.