Dog Bite Lawyers in Des Peres, MO
Call for a Case Review and Consultation if You've Been Attacked by a Dog
Dog Bite Lawyers in Des Peres, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. There are upwards of 4.5 million dog bites in the United States each year leading to millions in damages. It's important to find experienced legal service as soon as possible after an accident. As personal injury lawyers, Halvorsen Klote has helped clients throughout the Des Peres, MO, area settle cases and fight insurance companies. If you have a claim, don't hesitate to contact our dog bite lawyers.
Typical Dog Bite Injuries
A dog might be considered "man's best friend, but that doesn't mean they're not dangerous. Our dog attack attorneys in Des Peres, MO, understand how victims can be affected. For example, here are some of the most common dog bite injuries:
Often, people stereotype certain dog breeds. There are facts to back this stigma, but they're not always applicable. Every dog is capable of biting a human. This can be attributed to the dog's environment and interaction with the victim.
Breeds that are often associated with bite include (in no particular order) bulldogs, pit bulls, shepherds, terriers, pekingese, and even chihuahuas. The size and age of the dog rarely matters; the important thing to remember is how a dog was raised and how you interact with the dog. People have a similar tendency to lash out others when they're scared or aggravated. You should be mindful of a dog's breed, not afraid of it.
What Do I Do if I'm Attacked by a Dog?
It's important to get safe and get medical attention. You or another victim's safety is paramount. If you're looking for potential compensation for your injuries, having medical records is extremely important. Contacting our dog bite lawyers in Des Peres, MO, should be your second priority.
Rarely is it beneficial to settle a case in court. Trials can take a long time before anyone reaches a decision. Each case is different and there are advantages to go to trial or accept an immediate settlement. With so many factors to consider, it's essential to contact an experienced dog bite lawyer in Des Peres, MO, if you've been attacked.
Dog Bite Settlements in Des Peres
According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are over 4.5 million serious dog bites every year in the U.S.. Medical care can cost thousands of dollars after surgery, medication, and other factors like time off of work. According to one source, the average medical costs for a dog bite is $20,000.
A dog bite lawyer in Des Peres, MO, will look at a number of damages. Some of these include:
- Medical Expenses: Victims might be able to recover all expenses related to medical treatment caused by a dog bite. It is important to document everything (recovery, scarring, prescriptions, etc.) if you want reimbursement.
- Lost Wages: If you or your child have been injured because of a dog, you might lose your earning capacity for a certain period of time. Not being able to work due to an injury is a reimbursable damage.
- Pain and Suffering: Being attacked by a dog can be traumatic. Emotional stress, scarring, ongoing fear, and other factors have lifelong consequences.
- Punitive Damages: Though rare, in certain circumstances a victim can sue for punitive damages if the dog owner's conduct was intentful or extreme.
- Property Damage: This may include damages to your home, your clothes, a bike or motorcycle, your phone, and other things that may have been damaged during an attack.
States differ when it comes to dog bite liability and insurance. In Missouri, owners of dogs can be held "strictly liable" for any damages. There may or may not be a settlement cap. Owners often opt-in for dog bite coverage and pay higher premiums, however this may be difficult depending on the breed. One of the most important factors in winning a dog bite case is if the owner knew that their dog had a tendency for violence or wasn't following leash laws in your Des Peres. Contact our Des Peres, MO, dog bite lawyers now if you think you have a dog bite case. It's up to us to help victims receive fair compensation after an incident and help you through the process.
Contact a Dog Bite Attorney in Des Peres, MO, Now
If you've been attacked by a dog, don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote today for a consultation. You can call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case review and consultation. Our Des Peres, MO, dog bite attorneys handle a variety of other cases as well, including:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Our firm would be happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
No matter what your accident is, it is crucial to contact a local dog bite lawyer in Des Peres, MO, right away if there are financial damages. Legal assistance doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay if we win the case. Our Des Peres, MO, dog bite lawyers are here to win.