Car Accidents Law Firm Lake St. Louis, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Lake St. Louis, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Lake St. Louis, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in one moment when other Lake St. Louis, MO drivers do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Lake St. Louis, MO, we are known for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Lake St. Louis, MO
Car accidents are complex and every one has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Lake St. Louis, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a wide array of different car wrecks. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Lake St. Louis, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous accidents, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often happen in Lake St. Louis, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Lake St. Louis, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating a crash yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Lake St. Louis, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the Lake St. Louis, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Lake St. Louis, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a several things you should do immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Lake St. Louis, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Lake St. Louis, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's careless actions, you need a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our tenacity, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Lake St. Louis, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.