Wrongful Death Attorneys in Wildwood, MO
Call for a Consultation and Case Review
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Wildwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that the loss of a loved one or family member is tragic. As experienced injury and wrongful death lawyers in Wildwood, MO, Halvorsen Klote helps survivors recover any financial damages after an unexpected death. This includes car and truck crashes, falls, work-related incidents, medical malpractice, and others. Families may be able to recover compensation for their loss. Contact our Wildwood, MO, wrongful death attorneys today for a case review and consultation.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
"Who can sue" is a common question from clients. This depends on which state the victim died and many other factors. As a basic rule, the following survivors are able to sue after a wrongful death:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support and care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are more than 170,000 unintentional deaths every year in the U.S. If you're a dependent of another person that dies, it is essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in Wildwood, MO, as soon as you can. Losing income, childcare, and other support can cause serious harm and financial stress on any survivors. Halvorsen Klote has helped clients with these types of cases. Feel free to view our testimonials here.
Who Can You Sue for Wrongful Death?
There's a number of liable parties depending on the incident. The law varies based on which state the death occurs. In general, claimants have been potentially victimized by whichever parties are at fault. This can include a driver and that driver's employer, the company responsible for any roadwork, an employee, a government agency, distributors or manufacturers, a building owner, and others.
Who's at fault depends on where the accident happened, any liability coverage, and other factors. It's important to reach out to an experienced Wildwood, MO, wrongful death attorney that can assess the case and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes may range from dying in a train accident to a construction platform falling on someone. There's no way to know. A few of the more common causes include:
- Car and truck accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths every year in the U.S.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve defective medical equipment, anesthesia and surgical errors, and prescribing the wrong kind of medication.
- Workplace accidents often involve machinery malfunctions, chemical exposure, and burns.
- Product liability is an umbrella statement for dangerous products, malfunctioning parts (car brakes, flaws, etc.), and inherent design problems or warning systems.
Damages for Wrongful Death
Economic damages can include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages that have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages aren't always as clear. Non-economic repercussions like pain and suffering, loss of consortium or love, guidance, and nurturing can all factor in. Certain states allow you to claim punitive damages for negligent acts.
Your Wildwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Reach Out To a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Wildwood, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote today for a consultation. You can call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case review and consultation. Our Wildwood, MO, wrongful death attorneys manage a variety of other cases too, including:
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
Our firm would be more than happy to discuss your case. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our case results here.
No matter the cause of death, it is essential to contact a local wrongful death lawyers in Wildwood, MO, right away if there are financial damages. Legal counsel doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay if we win the case. Our Wildwood, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to help.