Wrongful Death Attorneys in Hermann, MO
Call for a Consultation
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Hermann, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that the loss of a loved one is difficult. As experienced personal injury and wrongful death attorneys in Hermann, MO, Halvorsen Klote helps survivors recover any financial damages in the case of an unexpected death. This includes car and truck crashes, falls, work-related incidents, medical malpractice, and others. Families may be able to recover compensation for their loss. Contact Halvorsen Klote's Hermann, MO, wrongful death attorneys now for more information.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
"Who can sue" is a common question from clients. The answer varies on which state the victim died and many other factors. In general, the following survivors have a chance to sue:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support and care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are an average of 170,000 unintentional deaths each year in the U.S. If you are a dependent of someone that dies, it's essential to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Hermann, MO, as soon as you can. Losing income, childcare, and other support may cause major harm and financial stress. Halvorsen Klote has helped clients with these sorts of cases. Feel free to view our testimonials here.
Who Can You Sue for Wrongful Death?
There's a number of liable parties depending on the incident. The law varies based on which state the death occurs. In general, claimants have been potentially wronged by whichever parties are at fault. This includes a driver and that driver's employer, the contractor responsible for any roadwork, an employee, a government agency, manufacturers and distributors, a building owner, and others.
Who is at fault depends on factors like how the accident happened, where it occurred, and who is liable. It's essential to contact an experienced Hermann, MO, wrongful death attorney that will assess the case and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes may range from a bad reaction to medication or a faulty piece of machinery. There's just no way to know. A few of the more common causes include:
- Automotive accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths each year in the United States.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve anesthesia errors, birth injuries, defective equipment, and nursing home neglect.
- Workplace accidents often include machinery malfunctions, chemical exposure, and burns.
- Product liability deaths can be caused due to equipment failure (faulty brakes on a car), lack of a warning systems, chemicals, and other dangerous products.
What Damages Can You Recover for Wrongful Death?
Economic damages may include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages that have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages aren't always as clear. Non-economic repercussions like pain and suffering, loss of consortium or love, guidance, and nurturing can all factor in. Certain states allow you to claim punitive damages for wrongful acts.
Your Hermann, MO, wrongful death attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a claim within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Contact a Wrongful Death Attorney in Hermann, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote today for a consultation. You can call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case review and consultation. Our Hermann, MO, wrongful death lawyers manage a variety of other cases too, including:
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
Our firm would be happy to discuss your case. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
No matter the cause of death, it's important to contact a local wrongful death lawyers in Hermann, MO, right away if there are financial damages. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our Hermann, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to win.