Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fenton, MO
Call for a Case Review
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fenton, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that the loss of a loved one is tragic. As experienced injury and wrongful death attorneys in Fenton, MO, Halvorsen Klote is here to help survivors recover any financial damages after an unexpected death. This includes car and truck crashes, falls, work-related incidents, medical malpractice, and others. Families may be able to receive compensation for their loss. Contact Halvorsen Klote's Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys today for a case review and consultation.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
"Who can sue" is a common question from clients. The answer depends on the state the victim is in and many other factors. In general, the following survivors are usually able to sue for wrongful death:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support and care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are more than 170,000 unintentional deaths every year in the U.S. If you are a dependent of another person that dies, it's essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in Fenton, MO, as soon as possible. Losing income, childcare, and other support may cause major harm and financial stress on any survivors. Halvorsen Klote has helped clients with these sorts of cases. Feel free to view our testimonials here.
Who Can Be Sued for Wrongful Death?
There's a few liable parties depending on the case. The law varies based on which state the death occurs. In general, survivors have been potentially wronged by whichever parties are at fault. This includes a driver and that driver's employer, the company responsible for any roadwork, an employee, government agencies, distributors or manufacturers, a building owner, and others.
Who's at fault depends on factors like how the accident happened, where it occurred, and who is liable. It's essential to contact an experienced Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorney that will assess the case and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes may range from a bad reaction to medication or a faulty piece of machinery. There's no way to tell. A few of the more common causes include:
- Car and truck accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths each year in the United States.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve anesthesia errors, birth injuries, defective equipment, and nursing home neglect.
- Workplace accidents usually include machinery malfunctions, chemical exposure, and burns.
- Product liability is an umbrella statement for dangerous products, malfunctioning parts (car brakes, flaws, etc.), and inherent design problems or warning systems.
What Damages Can You Recover for Wrongful Death?
Economic damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages which have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages are more complicated. Non-economic repercussions such as emotional distress, loss of guidance or training, pain and suffering, and loss of love can all factor in. Certain states allow you to claim punitive damages for wrongful acts.
Our Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a case within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Reach Out To a Wrongful Death Attorney in Fenton, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now for a consultation. Call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case review and consultation. Our Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys handle a variety of other cases too, including:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Our lawyers would be happy to discuss your case. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our case results here.
No matter the cause of death, it is crucial to contact our local wrongful death lawyers in Fenton, MO, right away if there are financial damages. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay if we win the case. Our Fenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to win.