Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cottleville, MO
Call for a Case Review and Consultation
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cottleville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that the loss of a loved one or family member is tragic. As experienced injury and wrongful death attorneys in Cottleville, MO, Halvorsen Klote is here to help survivors recover any financial damages after an unexpected death. This includes car and truck crashes, falls, work-related incidents, medical malpractice, and others. Families may be able to recover compensation for their loss. Contact Halvorsen Klote's Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys now for more information.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
This is a frequent question we get from clients. This varies on the state the victim is in and many other factors. In general, the following survivors are able to sue after a wrongful death:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support and care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are more than 170,000 unintentional deaths every year in the U.S. If you are a dependent of another person who dies, it's crucial to contact a wrongful death attorney in Cottleville, MO, as soon as possible. Losing income, childcare, and other support may cause major harm and financial stress. Halvorsen Klote has helped victims with these sorts of cases. Feel free to view our testimonials here.
Who Can Be Sued for Wrongful Death?
There's a number of liable parties depending on the incident. Each state has different laws on this, of course. In general, survivors have been potentially wronged by whichever parties are at fault. This includes a driving company's employer if you're in an auto accident, the company responsible for any roadwork, an employee, government agencies, distributors or manufacturers, a property owner, and others.
Who's at fault depends on where the accident happened, any liability coverage, and other factors. It's important to reach out to an experienced Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorney that can assess the case and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes may range from a bad reaction to medication or a faulty piece of machinery. There's no way to know. A few of the more common causes include:
- Car and truck accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths each year in the United States.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve anesthesia errors, birth injuries, defective equipment, and nursing home neglect.
- Workplace accidents often include machine failure, burns, chemicals, asbestos, and others.
- Product liability deaths can be caused due to equipment failure (faulty brakes on a car), lack of a warning systems, chemicals, and other dangerous products.
Our wrongful death lawyers in Cottleville, MO, provide experienced legal representation to victims. Read our testimonials to learn more about us. Our attorneys are here to help.
Damages for Wrongful Death
Economic damages can include lost wages, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages which have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages aren't always as clear. Non-economic repercussions such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium or love, guidance, and nurturing can all factor into play. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages for negligent acts.
Your Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should file a case within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Reach Out To a Wrongful Death Attorney in Cottleville, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now for a consultation. You can call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case consultation. Our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys handle a variety of other cases as well, including:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Our firm would be more than happy to discuss your case. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our case results here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.
No matter the cause of death, it is essential to contact our local wrongful death lawyers in Cottleville, MO, right away if there are financial damages. Legal counsel doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay if we win the case. Our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to win.