Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Call for a Case Review
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Dardenne Prairie, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that losing a loved one or family member is tragic. As experienced personal injury and wrongful death lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO, Halvorsen Klote is here to help survivors recover any financial damages in the case of an unexpected death. This includes car and truck crashes, falls, work-related incidents, medical malpractice, and others. Families may be able to receive compensation for their loss. Contact Halvorsen Klote's Dardenne Prairie, MO, wrongful death attorneys now for more information.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
"Who can sue" is a common question from clients. This varies on the state the victim is in and many other factors. In general, the following survivors have a chance to sue:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support or care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are more than 170,000 unintentional deaths every year in the U.S. If you are financially dependent on another person that dies, it is essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in Dardenne Prairie, MO, as soon as possible. Losing income, childcare, and other support may cause major harm and financial stress. Halvorsen Klote has helped victims with these sorts of cases. Feel free to view our testimonials here.
Who Can Be Sued for Wrongful Death?
There's a number of liable parties depending on the case. Each state has different laws on this, of course. In general, survivors have been potentially wronged by whichever parties are at fault. This can include a driving company's employer if you're in an auto accident, the contractor responsible for any roadwork, an employee, a government agency, distributors or manufacturers, a property owner, and others.
Who's at fault depends on where the accident happened, any liability coverage, and other factors. It is important to reach out to an experienced Dardenne Prairie, MO, wrongful death attorney that can assess the case and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes can range from a bad reaction to medication or a faulty piece of machinery. There's no way to tell. A few of the more common causes include:
- Car and truck accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths each year in the United States.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve anesthesia errors, birth injuries, defective equipment, and nursing home neglect.
- On-the-job accidents usually involve machine failure, burns, chemicals, asbestos, and others.
- Product liability is an umbrella statement for dangerous products, malfunctioning parts (car brakes, flaws, etc.), and inherent design problems or warning systems.
What Damages Can You Recover for Wrongful Death?
Economic damages often include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they didn't die. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages which have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages aren't always as clear. Non-economic repercussions like emotional distress, loss of guidance or training, pain and suffering, and loss of love can all factor in. Certain states allow you to claim punitive damages for negligent acts.
Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, wrongful death lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should file a case within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Reach Out To a Wrongful Death Attorney in Dardenne Prairie, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote today for a consultation. You can call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case consultation. Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, wrongful death lawyers handle a variety of other cases as well, including:
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our attorneys would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our case results here.
No matter the cause of death, it is important to contact our local wrongful death lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO, as soon as possible if there are financial damages. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to win.