Wrongful Death Attorneys in Boonville, MO
Call for a Consultation
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Boonville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that losing a loved one is tragic. As experienced personal injury and wrongful death attorneys in Boonville, MO, Halvorsen Klote is here to help survivors recover any financial damages after an unexpected death. This includes vehicular accidents, medical malpractice, work-related incidents, falls, and others. Families may be able to recover compensation for their loss. Contact Halvorsen Klote's Boonville, MO, wrongful death attorneys today for a case review and consultation.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
This is a frequent question we get from clients. This depends on which state the victim died and many other factors. As a basic rule, the following survivors are able to sue after a wrongful death:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support and care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are an average of 170,000 unintentional deaths every year in the U.S. If you're a dependent of someone who dies, it's essential to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Boonville, MO, as soon as possible. Losing income, childcare, and other support can cause serious harm and financial stress. Halvorsen Klote has helped victims with these sorts of cases. You can view our testimonials here.
Who Can You Sue for Wrongful Death?
There's a few liable parties depending on the incident. Each state has different laws on this, of course. In general, survivors have been potentially victimized by whichever parties are at fault. This can include a driver and that driver's employer, the company responsible for any roadwork, an employee, government agencies, distributors or manufacturers, a property owner, and others.
Who's at fault depends on where the accident happened, any liability coverage, and other factors. It's important to contact an experienced Boonville, MO, wrongful death attorney that will assess the case and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
A death in the family can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes can range from dying in a train accident to a construction platform falling on someone. There's just no way to tell. A few of the more common causes include the following:
- Car and truck accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths each year in the U.S.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve defective medical equipment, anesthesia and surgical errors, and prescribing the wrong kind of medication.
- Workplace accidents usually involve machinery malfunctions, chemical exposure, and burns.
- Product liability is an umbrella statement for dangerous products, malfunctioning parts (car brakes, flaws, etc.), and inherent design problems or warning systems.
What Damages Can You Recover for Wrongful Death?
Economic damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages that have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages aren't always as clear. Non-economic repercussions like pain and suffering, loss of consortium or love, guidance, and nurturing can all factor into play. Certain states allow you to claim punitive damages for wrongful acts.
Your Boonville, MO, wrongful death attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a case within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Reach Out To a Wrongful Death Attorney in Boonville, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now for a consultation. Call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case consultation. Our Boonville, MO, wrongful death lawyers handle a number of other cases too, including:
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer
Our attorneys would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
No matter the cause of death, it's essential to contact a local wrongful death lawyers in Boonville, MO, as soon as possible if there are financial damages. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay if we win the case. Our Boonville, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to win.