Wrongful Death Attorneys in High Ridge, MO
Call for a Consultation and Case Review
Wrongful Death Attorneys in High Ridge, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that losing a loved one or family member is difficult and tragic. As experienced injury and wrongful death attorneys in High Ridge, MO, Halvorsen Klote helps survivors recover any financial damages in the case of an unexpected death. This includes vehicular accidents, medical malpractice, work-related incidents, falls, and others. Families may be able to recover compensation for their loss. Contact our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death attorneys now for more information.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
"Who can sue" is a common question from clients. The answer depends on the state the victim is in and many other factors. As a basic rule, the following survivors have a chance to sue:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support and care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are an average of 170,000 unintentional deaths every year in the U.S. If you're financially dependent on another person who dies, it's important to contact a wrongful death attorney in High Ridge, MO, as soon as you can. Losing income, childcare, and other support can cause major harm and financial stress on any survivors. Halvorsen Klote has helped clients with these types of cases. Feel free to view our testimonials here.
Who Can Be Sued for Wrongful Death?
There's a number of liable parties depending on the case. Each state has different laws on this, of course. In general, survivors have been potentially wronged by whichever parties are at fault. This includes a driver and that driver's employer, the contractor responsible for any roadwork, an employee, a government agency, manufacturers and distributors, a property owner, and others.
Who's at fault depends on where the accident happened, any liability coverage, and other factors. It's important to contact an experienced High Ridge, MO, wrongful death attorney that can assess the claim and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes can range from a bad reaction to medication or a faulty piece of machinery. There's just no way to tell. A few of the more common causes include:
- Car and truck accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths every year in the United States.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve anesthesia errors, birth injuries, defective equipment, and nursing home neglect.
- On-the-job accidents usually involve machinery malfunctions, chemical exposure, and burns.
- Product liability is an umbrella statement for dangerous products, malfunctioning parts (car brakes, flaws, etc.), and inherent design problems or warning systems.
What Damages Can You Recover for Wrongful Death?
Economic damages can include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they didn't die. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages that have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages aren't always as clear. Non-economic repercussions such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium or love, guidance, and nurturing can all factor in. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages for negligent acts.
Your High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should file a claim within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Reach Out To a Wrongful Death Attorney in High Ridge, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote today for a consultation. You can call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case review and consultation. Our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death attorneys handle a number of other cases as well, including:
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
Our lawyers would be more than happy to discuss your case. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
No matter the cause of death, it's important to contact a local wrongful death lawyers in High Ridge, MO, as soon as possible if there are financial damages. Legal counsel doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay if we win the case. Our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to win.