Wrongful Death Attorneys in Warrenton, MO
Call for a Consultation
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Warrenton, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that losing a loved one or family member is tragic. As experienced personal injury and wrongful death lawyers in Warrenton, MO, Halvorsen Klote helps survivors recover any financial damages after an unexpected death. This includes car and truck crashes, falls, work-related incidents, medical malpractice, and others. Families may be able to receive compensation for their loss. Contact Halvorsen Klote's Warrenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys today for more information.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
This is a frequent question we get from clients. The answer depends on which state the victim died and many other factors. In general, the following survivors have a chance to sue:
- Immediate family members (children, parents, guardians, siblings, adoptees)
- Financial dependants for lost support and care
- Distant family members such as cousins and grandparents
- Spouses or long-term partners
There are an average of 170,000 unintentional deaths every year in the U.S. If you are financially dependent on someone who has died, it's important to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Warrenton, MO, as soon as possible. Losing income, childcare, and other support can cause major harm and financial stress on any survivors. Halvorsen Klote has helped clients with these types of cases. Feel free to view our testimonials here.
Who Can Be Sued for Wrongful Death?
There's a number of liable parties depending on the case. The law varies based on which state the death occurs. In general, claimants have been potentially victimized by whichever parties are at fault. This can include a driving company's employer if you're in an auto accident, the company responsible for any roadwork, an employee, government agencies, distributors or manufacturers, a property owner, and others.
Who's at fault depends on factors like how the accident happened, where it occurred, and who is liable. It's essential to contact an experienced Warrenton, MO, wrongful death attorney that will assess the case and make sure all damages are covered.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes can range from dying in a train accident to a construction platform falling on someone. There's just no way to know. A few of the more common causes include the following:
- Car and truck accidents account for nearly 40,000 deaths every year in the United States.
- Medical malpractice claims often involve anesthesia errors, birth injuries, defective equipment, and nursing home neglect.
- Workplace accidents usually include machine failure, burns, chemicals, asbestos, and others.
- Product liability is an umbrella statement for dangerous products, malfunctioning parts (car brakes, flaws, etc.), and inherent design problems or warning systems.
Halvorsen Klote's wrongful death lawyers in Warrenton, MO, provide experienced legal representation to victims. View our client testimonials to learn more about our firm. Our attorneys are here to help.
What Damages Can You Recover for Wrongful Death?
Economic damages may include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they didn't die. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. These are also considered "special" damages which have an attached dollar amount. Most expenses can be included in a settlement.
General damages are more complicated. Non-economic repercussions such as emotional distress, loss of guidance or training, pain and suffering, and loss of love can all factor into play. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages for wrongful acts.
Our Warrenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive adequate reimbursement for their loss. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The general rule is you should pursue a case within one year.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client).
Reach Out To a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Warrenton, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now for a consultation. Call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case consultation. Our Warrenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers handle a number of other cases too, including:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Our firm would be happy to discuss your case. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.
No matter the cause of death, it's crucial to contact a local wrongful death lawyers in Warrenton, MO, as soon as possible if there are financial damages. Legal assistance doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay if we win the case. Our Warrenton, MO, wrongful death attorneys are here to win.