Injury Attorney in Ashland, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Ashland, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Ashland, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt on the job or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Ashland, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Ashland, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Ashland, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Ashland, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Ashland, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Ashland, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Ashland, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled cases like yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Ashland, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in Ashland, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Ashland, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Ashland, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Ashland, MO Today
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Ashland, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Ashland, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.