Injury Attorney in California, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in California, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's California, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss in this article. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in California, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in California, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your California, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in California, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the California, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in California, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in California, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled California, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your final compensation). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Is Available For My Injuries in California, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your California, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your California, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in California, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in California, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in California, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.