Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's O'Fallon, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
What Can an Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote O'Fallon, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your O'Fallon, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in O'Fallon, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the O'Fallon, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in O'Fallon, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced O'Fallon, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in O'Fallon, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your O'Fallon, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you need to be compensated for that. Your O'Fallon, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, MO Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in O'Fallon, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in O'Fallon, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.