Injury Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Shrewsbury, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Shrewsbury, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Shrewsbury, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Shrewsbury, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Shrewsbury, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Shrewsbury, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Shrewsbury, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in Shrewsbury, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your Shrewsbury, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Shrewsbury, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Shrewsbury, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.