Injury Attorney in Springfield, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Springfield, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Springfield, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Springfield, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Springfield, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Accurately calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Springfield, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Springfield, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Springfield, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Springfield, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Springfield, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Springfield, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Springfield, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Springfield, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Springfield, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Springfield, MO Today
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Springfield, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Springfield, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.