Injury Attorney in Vandalia, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Vandalia, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Vandalia, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Vandalia, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Vandalia, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Accurately determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Vandalia, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Vandalia, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Vandalia, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Vandalia, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Vandalia, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Vandalia, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Vandalia, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Vandalia, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are entitled to two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Vandalia, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Vandalia, MO Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Vandalia, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Vandalia, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.