Slip and Fall Lawyer Jefferson City, MO
Jefferson City, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Jefferson City, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property manager did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you require an experienced and knowledgeable Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Jefferson City, MO causes your injuries. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that obligation they owe you damages. If you sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit in the United States, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it can be difficult to figure out who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are entitled to. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Common injuries you can suffer in a slip and fall accident are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will impact your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for years, while a sprained wrist might only need a quick trip to a Jefferson City, MO emergency room and a week off work. Regardless of the the extent of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you receive every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Jefferson City, MO Can Do For Your Claim
An injury is always unanticipated, and most people have never had to deal with making an injury claim before. A knowledgeable Jefferson City, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform an extensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, for example acquiring video footage, locating eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to avoid paying your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and offer you sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take your case to court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Jefferson City, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for to get compensation. Proving negligence is a complicated task, and necessitates the savvy of an experienced Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Jefferson City, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be judged to be partially responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of compensation you are awarded will be considerably less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a skilled Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help reduce the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to patrons
- Suitable measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the surroundings
Jefferson City, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Jefferson City, MO?
There are many different property conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote has more than 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Jefferson City, MO?
The value of your claim is based on numerous factors, including the financial losses you incurred because of your injuries, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim generally is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are meant to reimburse you for the financial losses you have sustained because of your injuries. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. That can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To prove non-economic damages, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Jefferson City, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Jefferson City, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are injured owing to somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the liable party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law Jefferson City, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Jefferson City, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.