Slip and Fall Lawyer Fenton, MO
Fenton, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Fenton, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property manager did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an accomplished and talented Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Fenton, MO clients. Property owners and managers have an obligation to ensure their property is safe for patrons and customers, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is often hard to know who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and secure the financial recovery you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot secure a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you collect will be based on the gravity of your injury and the extent of the impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained knee may only need a quick trip to a Fenton, MO emergency room and a week off work. Whatever the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you get a full recovery. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Fenton, MO Can Help
An injury is always shocking, and most people don't know the first thing about the injury claims process. An experienced Fenton, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your claim, for example obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on healing
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to minimize your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and offer you sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take your claim to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Fenton, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to repair it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for premises liability. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a hard task, and necessitates the knowledge of an experienced Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Fenton, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you collect will be considerably less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a talented Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help minimize the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to customers
- Appropriate steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Fenton, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you deserve.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in Fenton, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property caused your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of a hazardous property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Fenton, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim usually falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the financial losses you have suffered due to your injuries. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if your employer offers paid time off. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important that you have a record of every penny you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Generally, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Fenton, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Fenton, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt as a result of another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the money you are entitled to. An HK Law Fenton, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Fenton, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.