Slip and Fall Lawyer Centralia, MO
Centralia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Centralia, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because someone did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an accomplished and talented Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Centralia, MO clients. Proprietors have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call your Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is sometimes complicated to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you the recovery you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the severity of your injury and the extent of the effect it has on your life. Common injuries you can sustain in a slip and fall accident are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more serious than others, and how severe they are will impact your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for years, while a sprained knee might only need a quick visit to a Centralia, MO emergency room and a week off work. Regardless of the the extent of the impact your injury had on your life, your Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you collect a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Centralia, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. A knowledgeable Centralia, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform an extensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, including acquiring security footage, locating eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to minimize your claim
- Keep you updated at all times, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for maximum compensation
- Take your claim to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for those who have been injured because of another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Centralia, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to fix it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and requires the savvy of a talented Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Centralia, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of money you collect will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a savvy Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help decrease the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the blame for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the property where customers are not allowed
- Reasonable steps were taken to protect visitors, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the surroundings
Centralia, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an knowledgeable Halvorsen Klote Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove liability by the other party.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Centralia, MO?
There are numerous different property conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or loose floorboards
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager caused your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Centralia, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you sustained because of the accident, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share any of the blame. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the financial losses you have suffered due to your injuries. They include:
- Medical expenses — You are owed compensation for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to make the same income you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny to care for your children.
It's important that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 payout.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide range of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Centralia, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are injured owing to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the responsible party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law Centralia, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Centralia, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.