Slip and Fall Lawyer New Florence, MO
New Florence, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer New Florence, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, you require an experienced and savvy New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our New Florence, MO clients. Businesses have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit in the United States, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is sometimes hard to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the compensation you deserve. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Common injuries you can suffer in a slip and fall accident are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for years, while a sprained knee might only need a quick visit to a New Florence, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the the extent of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you receive a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in New Florence, MO Can Do For Your Claim
No one expects to suddenly become injured. An experienced New Florence, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you deserve. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, for example acquiring video footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Be in constant communication, and provide you with sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take your claim in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for those who have been injured through another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In New Florence, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either fix or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a difficult task, and requires the savvy of a talented New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer.
New Florence, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be judged to be partially responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of recovery you are awarded will be substantially lowered. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a knowledgeable New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property that is off-limits to visitors
- Appropriate measures were taken to protect customers, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
New Florence, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer will help win the full compensation that you are owed.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in New Florence, MO?
There are many hazardous conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or loose floorboards
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager is liable for your injuries. If you were injured because of a hazardous property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in New Florence, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on many different factors, including the financial losses you incurred because of your injuries, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to make the same earnings you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Usually, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local softball league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your New Florence, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are injured owing to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the responsible party does not want to pay you the money you are entitled to. An HK Law New Florence, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in New Florence, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.