Slip and Fall Lawyer Linn, MO
Linn, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Linn, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an experienced and knowledgeable Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Linn, MO causes your injuries. Businesses have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they are responsible for giving you financial compensation. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call a Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall injuries make up 12 percent of those visits. While it can be hard to know who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and get you the financial recovery you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure a fair settlement in negotiation we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will affect your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for years, while a sprained wrist might require a quick visit to a Linn, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you are awarded a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Linn, MO Can Do For Your Claim
No one expects to suddenly become injured. A knowledgeable Linn, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the maximum compensation you are owed. When you hire us, we will:
- Conduct a complete investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, for example obtaining security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Listen to what you have to say, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to devalue your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take the fight to court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for those who have been injured because of another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Linn, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either fix or warn of, you have a case for negligence. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a touch task, and requires the knowledge of a talented Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Linn, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you receive will be considerably less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a skilled Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the level of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were not paying adequate attention to your surroundings, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises where patrons are not allowed
- Suitable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Linn, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer will help win the full compensation that you deserve.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Linn, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Wet surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Linn, MO?
The value of your claim is based on on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you sustained because of the accident, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have suffered because of your injuries. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Generally, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Linn, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt due to another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the responsible party does not want to pay you the recovery you are entitled to. An HK Law Linn, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Linn, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.